When we got married we bought our place from my husband's middle brother. It wasn't what I was expecting my first home as a married women would be. There was and is nothing wrong with this place. It is a nice place in a perfect location with land. My problem was I wanting more. I always pictured a big house with a red front door and a white picket fence would be my house when I got married. We moved a lot growing up and the only place that felt like home was my grandparents house. Being young and naive I didn't understand that you start out small. I thought you get married have tons of money buy a big house and start having babies! Man oh man was I dumb! I cried when we decided to buy this place not because I hated it but because I wanted a place where I could have my children and never move. A place that they would always come home too. This is what we could afford and have a roof over our head. I never really appreciated what we have until this past year God really opened my eyes! I came to realize that it's not how big of house you have or if your door is red that makes the home its the love that you build with your family. God told me to hush and be thankful for our home. Be content in this season of our life because he has a plan for us! I have really come to love this mobile home we call ours. It's the perfect home for us. It's the place we bought before we married and the place we brought our baby too. I know it sounds silly I didn't know you have to work your way up to a place like my grandparents. I know many girls dream of the perfect wedding but I always dreamed of the perfect home since I never really had that. God has showed me that his love and my family is all I need and it doesn't matter what size house I have. I am so grateful to be able to have a roof over my head and two boys to share this life with. Update: We are going to pay a house late summer. It has been such a blessing going back to our first house. We are excited about this new chapter in our lives! We know that no matter what it doesn't matter where you live as long as you have God and your family with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment